Add warmth and comfort to any room with carpets, but let's face it they attract dirt and stains. Spills, muddy shoes, and pet accidents can all cause unsightly marks. Calling in a professional cleaner can be expensive and inconvenient. But don't worry, with a few common household items and some elbow grease, you can remove many stains from your carpets on your own. Learn our tips and tricks in this DIY article, so you can keep your carpets looking clean and fresh without breaking the bank.
1. Identify the stain: know what you're dealing with to choose the right cleaning solution.
2. Blot up any excess liquid: avoid spreading the stain by gently blotting it up.
3. Apply a cleaning solution: choose the best solution for your stain and carpet type.
4. Test the solution: make sure it won't damage your carpet by testing it on an inconspicuous area first.
5. Apply the solution to the stain: work from the outside in to avoid spreading the stain further.
6. Let it sit: give the solution time to break down the stain.
7. Blot the stain: avoid damaging carpet fibers by gently blotting the stain.
8. Rinse the area: remove any remaining cleaning solution by rinsing with water.
9. Blot the area dry: speed up the drying process with a dry cloth or fan.
10. Repeat if necessary: if the stain still lingers, repeat the process until it's gone.
We have put together some amazing, yet simple DIY projects that go along way to sprucing up your home. Just simply choose what you would like to do from one of the DIY projects below, and get to work.