Upgrade your bathroom and enhance your shower experience with a new shower head - it's easy and cost-effective! Improved water pressure, water efficiency, and stylish designs are just a few benefits of replacing your old shower head. Don't worry about calling a professional, you can easily replace your shower head yourself with some basic knowledge and simple tools. Follow our DIY article to learn the easy steps for a successful shower head upgrade.
1. Save Money and Help the Environment: newer shower heads are designed to use less water and reduce your water bills while lowering your environmental footprint.
2. Enjoy the Perfect Shower: Many modern shower heads come equipped with adjustable settings, massage options, and a wider coverage area, creating a more comfortable, enjoyable shower experience.
3. Revive Your Water Pressure: Replace your old shower head to restore your water pressure and enjoy a more invigorating shower.
4. Add Style and Elegance to Your Bathroom: Choose from a wide selection of designs and finishes to upgrade the look of your bathroom.
5. Enhance Your Skin and Hair: Some shower heads also filter out impurities and contaminants in the water, improving the overall health and appearance of your hair and skin.
1. New shower head
2. Teflon tape
3. Adjustable wrench or pliers
4. Towel or cloth
5. Step ladder (if necessary)
6. Rubber or silicone gasket (if not included with new shower head)
7. Pipe thread sealant (if recommended by manufacturer or necessary for your particular plumbing setup)
1. Turn off the water supply to the shower. This is usually done by turning the valve located near the shower or shutting off the main water supply to the house.
2. Remove the old shower head. To do this, use an adjustable wrench or pliers to loosen the nut that holds the shower head in place. If the shower head is stubborn, you may need to use a cloth or towel to get a better grip. Once the nut is loose, twist the old shower head counterclockwise to remove it.
3. Clean the shower arm. After removing the old shower head, use a cloth or towel to clean any dirt, debris or old Teflon tape from the shower arm. You want to make sure the surface is clean and smooth before installing the new shower head.
4. Wrap Teflon tape around the shower arm. This helps create a tight seal between the shower arm and the new shower head. Wrap the tape around the threads of the shower arm in a clockwise direction.
5. Attach the new shower head. Place the rubber or silicone gasket onto the end of the shower arm. Then, screw the new shower head onto the shower arm in a clockwise direction. Use an adjustable wrench or pliers to tighten the nut until it's snug.
6. Turn the water supply back on. Once you've tightened the nut, turn the water supply back on and test the new shower head for any leaks or issues. If everything looks good, you're all set!
We have put together some amazing, yet simple DIY projects that go along way to sprucing up your home. Just simply choose what you would like to do from one of the DIY projects below, and get to work.